Prenatal and Pregnancy Care
Chiropractic Care During Pregnancy
Chiropractic is becoming more commonplace for women who seek the healthiest, happiest pregnancies possible!
Why is chiropractic care important during my pregnancy?
Throughout the course of your pregnancy there will be many physiological and hormonal changes as your body prepares for the birth of your baby. This can be one of the most exciting seasons of your life, but it will bring some significant changes to your body and your health! As baby grows, your center of gravity moves forward increasing the low back curve and placing extra strain through the lower spine and hips. The hormone relaxin loosens joints, increasing mobility and decreasing stability, which creates aggravation of previous joint injuries and amplifies pelvic instability.
Our doctors utilize Webster Technique for safe and effective care throughout pregnancy
Webster Technique is a specific chiropractic analysis and adjustment that reduces nerve interference and stress on the nervous system, balances pelvic muscles and ligaments, and optimizes the mother’s pelvic function in pregnancy and birth.
Movement and growth of your baby creates expansion of the lower ribcage, which can be aggravating to mid back joints that connect to the ribs. The change in your center of gravity as baby grows, modifies the pressure through shoulders to offset that change which in turn leads to a loss of cervical curve can lead to headaches. Pelvic misalignments alter pelvic opening and soft tissue and lead to less than optimal pelvic positioning and function for both pregnancy and birth. Sacral subluxation disrupts the pelvic region, which may contribute to dystocia (difficult labor). All of these when not addressed can quickly turn a joyful season into something uncomfortable.
What are some possibilities with Chiropractic Care during pregnancy?
- Maintain healthier pregnancy
- Control symptoms of nausea
- Encourages optimal fetal position through proper pelvic alignment
- Reduced pelvic and round ligament discomfort
- Pelvic alignment & balance
- Reduction in preeclampsia
- Reduce labor times
- Reduces likelihood of Cesarean
- Reduced instances of dystocia
- Reduce need for pain medication
- Less incidence of postpartum depression
- Promotes optimal fetal positioning
- Supports natural labor and delivery
- More comfort while breastfeeding
- Greater production of breastmilk
- Less back, neck and joint pain
- Less back labor